Day 212: Cracker Barrel, Slidell, LA
Cloudy and cool.
We moved 15 miles east to Mississippi, then spent an hour at the Visitor Center mulling over if we should go back to Louisiana and drive the long drive along the Mississippi River into the Gulf.
Mississippi won over and we are at Buccaneer State Park in Waveland.
Took a nice walk, had a nice campfire, did some business.
It has been raining a lot here in the Deep South, but there are some great things about visiting the Deep South in the winter.
1. I read a review of Buccaneer State Park that said the family was inundated with cockroaches while camping here. Hardly any bugs in the winter!
2. We haven’t had a problem finding a campsite anywhere here.
3. No waits in restaurants, tour buses, etc
4. Campfires are allowed. They are not allowed in much of the West. Finding dry wood for a fire is another issue.
5. We hardly have to wash the windshield or Arvi. The rain takes care of it.
6. No snow.