Day 107: Burlington Campground, Humboldt Redwoods State Park, CA
Under the redwoods, I can’t tell what the weather is. It’s not raining.
We walked through more giant trees first thing in the morning. Then we drove to Fort Bragg.
We followed the signs to Fort Bragg and found ourselves on the very north end of Highway 1. It’s very slow going through curves, trees and hills. We don’t know why the speed limit is 55. We averaged 20.
Fun things in Fort Bragg:
1) Spotted gray squirrels I’ve never seen before.
2) Seals looking at us from the water at MacKerricher State Park
3) North Coast Brewing Co. We had beer and pizza and watched the Lions, while they were ahead.
4) Glass Beach. From garbage thrown away years ago. I kept the bird head and the green piece. Many people were looking for glass there.
5) Skunk Train. We didn’t get to the antique train in time to ride it today.
Tomorrow we will go east toward Lassen Volcanic National Park.